RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
The phone application may not be able to transfer calls to your Bluetooth headset if it is not set as the default audio device. In addition, this error may be caused by a damaged audio speaker. An issue occurs when a user tries to use a Bluetooth headset with the Your phone application, but cannot answer the call or hear others.
Before proceeding with the solutions, please note that Bluetooth headsets are not yet fully supported by the Your phone application. Also check if rebooting the devices solves the problem. Also check that your phone/PC is not paired with any other device and that no third-party applications have been used to connect devices via Bluetooth. Also check that none of the devices are in power saving mode. Also check if your application can access notifications on your phone and if it is running in the background on your PC/phone.
This establishes a Bluetooth connection, but calls are not heard.
- Bluetooth support is not enabled: Bluetooth support allows Windows to detect Bluetooth devices and pair them together. When this feature is disabled, Bluetooth headsets may not operate properly or may not be recognized when paired.
- The default playback device is not set: The currently selected playback device is often ignored. You have z. B. The Bluetooth headset is paired correctly, but you forgot to change the playback device option from the laptop speakers to the Bluetooth headset. This allows Windows to continue to use your laptop’s speakers for sound playback.
- The sound driver has not been updated: For the uninitiated: A driver is a set of instructions that Windows uses to send and receive data between an application and a hardware device. A damaged or outdated audio driver may cause the Bluetooth headset to malfunction and fail.
- The search for nearby devices is not disabled: When this feature is enabled, your Android phone can continuously search for nearby Bluetooth devices. Your current Bluetooth headset may turn off, preventing you from hearing the sound.
- Corrupt network settings : You may not receive sound from your wireless headset because the network settings on your smartphone are corrupted.
Troubleshooting Bluetooth is connected but you cannot hear calls
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can fix computer problems quickly and prevent others from getting them:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Restart all application processes on the phone
As usual, we start solving problems with the simplest solution. In this case, we start by restarting all processes related to the application on your phone. This is done via the task manager.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open the Task Manager.
- Then find your phone in the Process tab and right-click on it. Choose End Task from the pop-up menu to complete this process. This terminates all processes running under it, such as Runtime Broker, Your Phone and YourPhoneServer.exe.
- Let the processes close completely and then restart the phone application.
- If the problem is due to a bug or a minor error, restarting the process will resolve the issue and you will be able to hear the calls again. However, if this solution fails, continue with the next one.
Connecting a computer to Bluetooth devices
As with the first method, we will try to solve the problem with the My Phone application by disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth headset.
- Start by disconnecting the headset, smartphone and computer.
- Then reboot all these devices and reconnect them via Bluetooth. For some users, the problem with the sound during calls was solved after reconnecting the devices.
- If this doesn’t work, disconnect the devices again, but this time disconnect or remove the computer from the Bluetooth device list on the phone.
- Then press the key combination Windows + I to open the Windows settings.
- Go to Devices in Windows settings and delete all Bluetooth devices you have previously connected to. Finally, restart the computer and reconnect the Bluetooth devices.
Connecting to a Bluetooth Personal Area Network
Another way to solve the problem with the My Phone application is to connect to the Bluetooth network.
- First, click the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar.
- If you can’t find the icon, click the up arrow to display the other icons on the taskbar and look for it there.
- From the Bluetooth menu, select Connect to a personal network.
- Then right click on your smartphone, go to Connect and select Access Point. This should finally solve the calling problem.
Set default audio device
The phone application may not play the dial tone because it is trying to connect to a call using the default audio device. If you are experiencing this issue, you can fix it by selecting the Bluetooth headset as the default audio device and following the steps below.
- Click the Start button on the menu and look for Control Panel.
- Launch Control Panel from the search results. In Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound and click Sound in the right pane.
- A new window will open. Select the Playback tab and right-click on the Bluetooth headset. Select Set as Default Communication Device from the pop-up menu.
- Then click on the Logging tab, select the Bluetooth headset and set it as the default logging device.
- Connect the Bluetooth devices by following the steps in the second solution above and see if this process solves the problem with the phone’s application.
Reinstall or update the sound driver on your computer
The phone application may not receive sound from phone calls due to sound driver issues. The audio speaker may be damaged, outdated, or defective, and reinstalling it may solve the problem.
- Before uninstalling the sound driver, download the latest version of the sound driver from the OEM website.
- Once the driver is loaded, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box. Type devmgmt.MSC in the Run menu and press ENTER to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager list, expand Sound, Video, and Game Control and right-click the sound device.
- Then click Delete Device in the context menu. Be sure to check the box next to Remove drivers for this device before clicking the Remove button.
- Wait until Windows has completely removed the driver and then restart the computer.
- When you reboot, double-click on the previously downloaded sound driver and install it.
- Restart the computer when the driver installation is completed.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
On Android, the user can select the audio output for which the Bluetooth device will be used. If you are not receiving sound from your Bluetooth headset, check that the Multimedia Audio setting is on. When the Bluetooth headset is connected, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Select a Bluetooth headset from the list.
Access permissions for the Bluetooth device have not been added to AndroidManifest. If your Bluetooth device only supports A2DP, it cannot record sound, i.e. it cannot be used to answer a phone call.
If the Bluetooth car system does not connect to your phone’s Bluetooth for music and multimedia playback, turn Bluetooth off and pair again. Open your phone settings and go to Bluetooth. Press the cog icon next to the device in the list and verify that Multimedia Audio is enabled.
Manually set the default communication device as hardware microphone and the output device as stereo Bluetooth for all applications. If you are using Windows 10, you can easily do this in the settings under Advanced Audio.
frequently asked questions
Why is my Bluetooth connected but without sound?
2020/08 – bluetooth he…
Why can’t I hear phone calls through my Bluetooth headset?
faq ‘ ios_bluetooth
Why is my Bluetooth connected for audio calls and not music?
Feedback,bluetooth connected but no soundbluetooth media audio keeps turning offbluetooth media audio not workingyour phone app bluetoothyour phone app bluetooth headsetbluetooth works with media but not calls android,People also search for,bluetooth works with media but not calls android,bluetooth works with media but not calls iphone,bluetooth connected but no sound,bluetooth media audio keeps turning off,bluetooth works with media but not calls iphone 11,bluetooth media audio not working,your phone app bluetooth,your phone app bluetooth headset