Disable and remove Chromecast in Google Chrome
Do you know how to disable and uninstall Chromecast in Google Chrome? This can be useful for sending videos to a Chromecast-equipped smartphone. But not all users want to use this feature. In fact, it can be a bit annoying and cause problems. In this article, you will learn how to disable and remove the Chrome feature from the Google Chrome web browser.
In Google Chrome, the Google Cast option appears on videos if you have a Chromecast-enabled device on the same network as your PC web browser. If the device is not yours, you may never want to accidentally turn it on. But surprisingly, you can disable this option.
Important Notice: There are two Chrome flags in this process to remove the Chromecast feature from your web browser. In testing, flags have been successfully applied to remove the option, but they don’t seem to work for users.
Warning: Activating the flags in the web browser is at your own risk. Some settings are hidden behind Google Chrome flags for a reason. These flags may be unstable, adversely affect your browser and disappear without notice.
Read: To set the home screen of Google TV – three options
Disabling and uninstalling Chromecast in Google Chrome
If you are also one of them and want to disable and remove Chromecast feature from Google Chrome web browser on Windows PC, Mac or Linux. These are the next steps:
- Click on the Google Chrome web browser to open it on your computer.
- In the address bar, type chrome://flags and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now type Download Media Router Component Extension in the search box to find the flag
- Then click on the drop-down menu next to the flag and select Disable from the menu.
- Click in the search box again, type the name of the Cast Media Route Provider flag, and select the drop-down menu to disable it in the same way.
- If you change the flag status, Chrome will prompt you to restart the web browser to apply the changes.
- Just click on the blue Restart option at the bottom of your browser.
Open Google Chrome and go to Chrome Flags
Search Load Media Router Component Expansion Flag
Turns off the Load Media Router indicator.
Disabling Flag Cast Media Route Provider
Open Google Chrome flags
Select the Standard or Enabled Carrier Flag option.
Select the default or enabled option for Cast Media Flag.
Click Restart to apply the changes to the Chrome browser.
frequently asked questions
Can you turn off the chrome plating?
Stop casting: If the cast is already active on your Android device and you want to stop it, you need to press the cast icon. It appears as a window filled with lines in the left corner of the bottom screen. You can then click on the Stop option.
How do I turn off the chrome on my TV?
Turn off the TV…
Feedback,disable chromecast in incognito,turn off cast to nearby device,disable built in chromecast,how to turn off chromecast on android tv,disable casting android,disable chromecast chrome pc,how to disable chromecast in chrome browser,how to turn off chromecast on android phone