The new Microsoft Edge browser can easily be installed on any Windows computer. The Edge browser is the new browser that comes with Microsoft Windows 10. In 2015, another version of the browser, Microsoft Edge, was released with Windows 10, replacing Internet Explorer as the default browser. This is a list of frequently asked questions about the Edge browser and its features.
On February 13th, Edge 92.0.873.1 was released to the Dev channel. This version of Edge comes with an exciting feature that has been requested for some time: Edge now supports the open source, cross-platform Chromium project. (Chromium is behind the Google Chrome browser.) Chromium on Edge 92.0.873.1 is behind the regular Edge browser, and will not replace Edge functionality. It will be some time before an official release of Chromium on the stable channel is made, but this is a big step in the right direction for Microsoft, as it will help Edge users have a more stable browser, and will also open the door to a larger pool of developers.
Microsoft has released Edge 92.0.873.1 for Insiders in the Dev channel. This is the first version of the browser based on Chromium 92. The old branch of version 91 is now in the beta channel. Today’s release includes a few new features, but they are small and won’t be noticeable to the average user. There are also general improvements and minor fixes.
Here’s what’s new in today’s release for development channel insiders.
What’s new in Edge Dev 92.0.873.1
- Enabled support for Chromium management policies to manage unlimited access rights to the shared array buffer.
- Enabled Chromium control policy support to determine if headless mode is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where some websites could accidentally crash.
- Fixed a crash when playing some videos.
- An error when posting comments has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where opening a popup more than once, e.g. History B., using a hotkey sometimes resulted in the popup opening multiple times or the browser crashing.
- Fixed an issue where the browser would sometimes freeze and go nowhere when multiple separate user accounts were registered on the device at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where using Web Capture or Smart Copy sometimes caused the browser to freeze.
- Fixed problem where the use of controls, such as. B. Drop-down menus on web pages can sometimes cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where the setting and control policy to disable the password disclosure button in password fields on web pages was not working.
- Fixed an issue where the Go to Intranet Page control policy did not work for single-word entries in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where saved password changes were sometimes not synchronized.
- Fixed an issue where notes or comments in collections were not synchronized with the rest of the content.
- Fixed an issue where opening a bookmark from the bookmark manager page sometimes failed.
- Fixed an issue where you were unexpectedly asked to restore tabs after opening the browser.
- Fixed an issue where selecting all text in a PDF did not always select all the text.
- Fixed an issue where the vertical tab bar was not always collapsing.
- Fixed an issue where some items were sometimes missing when importing data from another browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows taskbar thumbnails that appeared when you hovered the mouse over a window icon in the taskbar were sometimes incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on taskbar shortcuts to linked or application-installed websites sometimes opened a window with a separate taskbar icon instead of linking the window to an existing window.
- Fixed an issue where Math Helper was not always loading.
- Fixed an issue where the web widget was sometimes empty or black.
- Fixed an issue where dormant tabs that shouldn’t be deleted were sometimes deleted anyway.
- Fixed an issue where the Back/Forward navigation buttons did not always work in child mode.
- Fixed an issue with exiting child mode when prompted in settings for closing the browser when multiple tabs are open.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, do not work under Linux. Once installed, an error occurs and they stop. We are currently conducting an investigation.
- Users of some ad blocking extensions may encounter errors when playing on Youtube. As a workaround, you can resume playback by temporarily disabling the extension. For more information, see this help article.
- Some users are still experiencing the following problem: all tabs and extensions immediately crash with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error message. The most common cause of this error is outdated security software or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec. In this case, updating this software solves the problem.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have installed the corresponding extension may experience problems loading websites such as Gmail. This failure is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated. This can be remedied by making sure the latest version is installed.
- Some users still see duplicate bookmarks. This issue should decrease now that automatic deduplication has been implemented in the Insider streams, but we are still working on implementing it in the stable release. We also found duplication when the manual deduplicator was run on multiple machines before each machine had time to fully synchronize its changes. Ensure that sufficient time has elapsed between deduplicator runs.
- Some users experience wobbly scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, where scrolling in one dimension causes the page to move back and forth slightly in another dimension. Note that this only affects some websites and seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our ongoing work to adapt scrolling to inherited edge behavior. So, if this behavior is unwanted, you can temporarily disable it by unchecking the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
This version should install automatically for existing Edge Dev users. You can also force a browser update by opening Edge’s settings on the Info page. You can open it directly by typing edge://settings/help in the address bar.
Please support us.
Winaero is really counting on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
By Sergey Tkachenko on 1. May 2021 in Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about microsoft edge insider twitter and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
When was Edge chromium released?
Chromium is a browser technology used in many modern browsers. Edge Chromium is a different type of chromium that is closer to Google Chrome. It is a set of chromium builds that are not officially released by the chromium team. Edge Chromium is used by Microsoft to build the Microsoft Edge web browser that is included in Windows 10 and the Microsoft Edge browser for Android and iOS. The new chromium browser has been released, but it is not common to find the new chromium browser on devices, or on PCs running Windows 10. The new chromium browser has some new features that make it stand out from other browsers, such as the ability to use multiple tabs, and it can be used to look at web pages, and run other internet applications.
How do I get Microsoft edge developer?
So, you want to become a Microsoft developer: that’s great! Microsoft is always looking for new developers to help complete their projects. There are a few things you should know before you start out as a Microsoft developer. First off, you should know that there are several different types of development you can specialize in. Web development is the most prominent type, as it is one of the most-used aspects of today’s technology. If you’re looking to join the Microsoft Edge team, you’re probably wondering what qualifications are expected of you. The Microsoft Edge development team consists of many different developers. Some are experienced, while others are relatively fresh out of college. Regardless of your experience, there are a few things the Microsoft Edge team expects from you.
When was the latest Microsoft edge update?
Since the very beginning, Windows has been one of the most well-known software brands worldwide. Over the years, the company has had some impressive titles. One of the first was Windows 95 (released in 1995), and it was the first version of Windows to use the Windows 95 logo. Microsoft was always trying to make their newest version even better than the previous one. Microsoft is an American public multinational corporation operating in the technology and software industry. It is headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA. The company plays a big role in technology with its very famous products like Window, Microsoft edge, Microsoft office, Xbox, Microsoft surface and more.
edge 88chrome 87microsoft edge twittermicrosoft edge insider twitter,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,edge 88,chrome 87,microsoft edge twitter,microsoft edge insider twitter